The conference proceedings will be published after the conference. An invitation to (an) author(s) to present a paper at the conference is based on an extended abstract or draft paper. Thus, the presentation of a paper at the conference does not imply an automatic acceptance of the presented paper for publication in the conference proceedings. All papers presented at the conference will be refereed at or after the conference. Papers accepted then will be eligible for publication in the proceedings. All papers presented and refereed as part of mini-symposia will be considered for publication in the proceedings. This will be done in liaison with the organiser(s) of the respective mini-symposium.
The review process of the ParCo conferences includes the following steps:
- Review of submitted paper proposals. Acceptance of a proposal allows for a presentation by one of the authors at the conference. It does not imply acceptance for publication in the conference proceedings.
- Review of papers presented at the conference. This review results in an acceptance or rejection for publication in the conference proceedings.
- Revised versions of accepted papers are finally checked by the reviewers in order to ensure that any requested changes were implemented by the author(s).
- Allow authors to incorporate new research results obtained right up to the start of the conference in their papers.
- Assist authors (especially students) to improve their papers based on comments received from referees following the various review steps.
- Papers presented at the conference may be rejected for publication in the conference proceedings.
- The publication date of the final book of proceedings (printed and e-version) is usually during March/April of the year following the conference.
Indexing of Material Published in the ProceedingsRegarding the indexing of the papers published as part of the book the following comment was received from the publisher, IOS Press, Amsterdam:
"After a book appears online we will share the metadata of that book with the indexing services in which the book series is indexed. It depends a bit per service on how quickly they index books so it's difficult to put a specific timeframe on it."
The present indexing services are:
ACM Guide to Computing Literature
Book Citation Index - Science*
Conference Proceedings Citation Index*
DBLP Bibliography Server
Note also that indexing is *Subject to approval after review".
Copyright and Publication of Papers from the ProceedingsAuthors whose papers are published in the proceedings enter into an agreement with the publisher, IOS Press, Amsterdam. The details of the agreement are available from the publisher's Website at Author Copyright Agreement
Noteworthy is that the copyright remains with the author(s). Also note the conditions under which versions and extensions of papers from the proceedings may subsequently be published.
Proceedings of Previous ConferencesFor electronic versions of proceedings published by IOS Press with colour graphics/images, see:
Title: Parallel Computing: On the Road to Exascale
Edited by: Gerhard R. Joubert, Hugh Leather, Mark Parsons, Frans Peters, Mark Sawyer
Published as: Volume 27 in the book series Advances in Parallel Computing
Publisher: Amsterdam, New York, Tokio: IOS Press (2016) 850, hardcover
ISBN: 978-1-61499-620-0 (print) | 978-1-61499-621-7 (online)
Title: Parallel Computing: Accelerating Computational Science and Engineering (CSE)
Edited by: Michael Bader, Arndt Bode, Hans-Joachim Bungartz, Michael Gerndt, Gerhard R. Joubert, Frans Peters
Published as: Volume 25 in the book series Advances in Parallel Computing
Publisher: Amsterdam, New York, Tokio: IOS Press (2014) 872, hardcover
ISBN: 978-1-61499-380-3 (print) | 978-1-61499-381-0 (online)
Title: Applications, Tools and Techniques on the Road to Exascale Computing
Edited by: Koen De Bosschere, Erik H. D'Hollander, Gerhard R. Joubert, David Padua, Frans Peters.
Published as: Volume 22 in the book series Advances in Parallel Computing
Publisher: Amsterdam, New York, Tokio: IOS Press (2012) 688, hardcover
ISBN: 978-1-61499-040-6 (print) | 978-1-61499-041-3 (online)
Title: Parallel Computing: From Multicores and GPU's to Petascale
Edited by: Barbara Chapman, Frédéric Desprez, Gerhard R. Joubert, Alain Lichnewsky, Frans Peters, Thierry Priol
Published as: Volume 19 in the book series Advances in Parallel Computing
Publisher: Amsterdam, New York, Tokio: IOS Press (2010) 760, hardcover
ISBN: 978-1-60750-529-7 (print) | 978-1-60750-530-3 (online)
Title: Parallel Computing: Architectures, Algorithms and Applications
Edited by: Christian Bischof, Martin Bücker, Paul Gibbon, Gerhard R. Joubert, Thomas Lippert, Bernd Mohr, Frans Peters
Published as: Volume 15 in the book series Advances in Parallel Computing
Publisher: Amsterdam, New York, Tokio: IOS Press (2008) 804, hardcover
ISBN: 978-1-58603-796-3 (print) | 978-1-60750-283-8 (online)